“The Website” is operated on our behalf by BI Worldwide Limited (BIW) of 1, Vantage Court, Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire MK16 9EZ. BIW is acting as a data processor for the purposes of data protection law (this means BIW will only use your information on our instructions and in accordance with a written contract that ensures your rights are protected).
For the purpose of data protection law BSH and BIW are Joint Independent Data Controllers and Data Processors (“us”, “our” and “we”).
We will collect and use personal information that you provide to us in connection with “the Website”. If you provide details of your activities in order to earn Reward Points, then we will collection information about those activities. We also collect information when you:
- fill in forms, communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- register to use the “the Website”;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey.
The information we collect in this manner will usually include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and bank details as well as information about your purchase. “The Website” is continually being improved and developed and as such further information may need to be collected from you from time to time. You will be notified of any further information required and the reason behind this when visiting the site.
Your use of “the Website” will generate information, some of which will relate to you. We may collect and analyse this information, including the following:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet (an IP address is a unique number assigned to your computer when you are using your browser on the internet), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit to “the Website”, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched form, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
We need to use your information for the following reasons:
- allow you to participate in “the website” and assess your eligibility for and, if eligible, inform you about relevant incentives, programmes, products and/or services;
- operate and analyse “the website” (in order to this, we might need to share information with business partners and subcontractors, please see section 5 for further details). Reports may be produced to show which areas of the website are more successful than others to ensure the continued improvement;
- ensure we provide you with content which is relevant and do so in an effective manner;
- ensure we provide you with content which is relevant and do so in an effective manner
- notify you about changes to “the website”, or our services;
- make payments to your bank account.
We use your information in the manner set out above because we need to in order to:
- pursue our legitimate interests in operating “the website” and providing rewards to individuals (provided this isn’t be overridden by your rights)
- enter into, or perform, a contract with you
- comply with a legal duty
We may also use information with your consent, but we will make it clear when we do this. In any event, your information will only be used for the purpose(s) we collected it for (or else for a closely related purpose, such as record keeping).
We respect the privacy of your information and won’t share it with third parties, except in a few cases where necessary for the purposes set out above. The recipients of your information may include:
- suppliers and sub-contractors.
Where we share information with a third party, we will take steps to ensure that your data is properly protected and there will be a contract in place to ensure your information and rights are protected.
In addition to the situations above, we may share information if the need arises because:
- we are involved in a takeover or merger with another business (and, in these situations, data about and its participants may be one of the assets which is transferred);
- we are under a legal duty to disclose your information (for example, we are required by law enforcement or a court order);
- the sharing is required in order for us or a third party to enforce a contract (including the terms of “the website”);
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of the participants of “the Website”, or others.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where you have been provided with (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access “the website”, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and even the best policy cannot protect your online privacy and security in all circumstances. We will do our best to protect your personal data however, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to “the website”. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We only store your information so long as it is required for the purpose(s) we collected it for (or for a related compatible purpose, such as keeping a record of a transaction). We regularly review what data we have and delete that which is no longer necessary. In certain situations, you have the right to request that your data be deleted (the right to be forgotten), please see section 9 for further details.
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a users' web browser while a user is browsing a website.
We respect your right to access and control your information. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right of access to your personal data, we will happily respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend or delete your personal data. These requests are subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data;
- the right to have certain information provided to you in a portable electronic format, or transmitted to another data controller, where technically feasible;
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified, please remember that you can update your account information by using the “Contact Us” option on the “the Website”;
- the right to object to your data being used for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, or for direct marketing purposes;
- the right not to be subject to automated decision making and profiling;
- the right to restrict how your personal information is used ;
the right to be forgotten, which allows you to have your data erased in certain circumstances, we will always consider all requests in accordance with the ICO guidance and relevant laws and will always balance your interests with the following areas where it is necessary to retain your data:
- to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- to comply with a legal obligation for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority.
- the exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you would like further information on your rights or wish to exercise them please write with details of your request, to the contact details in section 11.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so (for example, because the information no longer exists or there is an exception which applies to your request).
Data Protection Manager, BI Worldwide Ltd. 1, Vantage Court, Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire MK16 9EZ or by emailing email@example.com
Legal Department, BSH Home Appliances Limited, Grand Union House, Old Wolverton Road, Wolverton, Milton Keynes, MK12 5PT or by emailing Data-Protection-GB@bshg.com. If you wish to make a Subject Access Request, rectify or activate your Right to be Forgotten then please use the following link: https://datarequest.bsh-group.com/en/
If you are not happy with our response, or you believe that your information or privacy rights have been infringed, you should contact the UK Information Commissioner's Office, which oversees data protection compliance in the UK. Details of how to do this can be found at https://ico.org.uk.